The S2 Pro is a great camera, but Fuji really cheaped out on the LCD

cover. Why the heck would they make it opaque??? How hard is it to

make it transparent (like the D100)? And it seems like it can fall

off at any time.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on an

alternative LCD cover that I can use that is clear....and won't fall

off easily.

Thanks!

Don't go out and buy a Hoodman so fast for your camera. The MAC show took place today in NYC and guess who was there? Hoodman! I own an S2 and told the reps, one who I belive was the owner, that the Hoodman's fit on the S2 was lousy. He listened with "ears wide open" and asked my opinion on what should be done. As he was jotting notes, he told me Hoodman was developing a new version for the S2 and that the old one was developed for the S1. He said he will send me a free one once it is out on the market. He valued my opinion and gave me another one for free. So hold off for the Hoodman until they make one spoecifically for the S2 or you will be as "satisified" as I was.

I lost mine five times, and was lucky enough to find it back... four times. Not this time. What I find

really aggravating is that Fuji must surely know about this crappy little thingy, but does not offer

the spare part.I emailed them about this, and they didn't even bother to reply. Talk about

service! Mighty Fuji? Mighty arrogant!

Fuji (Canada) finally replied to my enquiry about their LCD cover for the S2. Here is what they

had to say:

« Dear sir;

It is my understanding that the LCD cover for your S2 was initially intended as a temporary

protective device. This is why replacements were not originally available. Due to the strong

demand for replacements, these are now available and can be ordered through your retailer.

Thank you for contacting us. »

Thought some people might be happy to know it. I'm gonna try and order a couple from my

retailer tomorrow. We'll see.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...