RB76 WLF on GS-1?

tom_overton

I hope this is not too stupid a question.

I've been looking for some time for a WLF for my Bronica GS-1, but they are rare and ridiculously expensive.

(I've even gone so far as to fashion one out of cardboard, with surprisingly good results... well, adequate,

anyway ) I have an opportunity to pick up an RB67 finder for a fraction of the cost of the Bronica. What are the

chances that this would fit or could be adapted to fit my GS-1?

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

I have a GS-1 (with WLF), but have only seen RB67s. First, I assume the form factor for the RB finder would be different than for the GS-1 because the RB's back can revolve to portrait position. But precision may not be a key concern in fitting a WLF -- it doesn't interact with the camera's electronics at all. The real issue will be whether you can anchor the finder on the body securely enough. This may involve duct tape or some other "non-mint" solution.

Second, I have not noticed that WLFs for the GS-1 are that rare. KEH has a bargain version available now for $105, which is ridiculous, but call them and make an offer.

Thanks for the info... I will take this under advisement. I had forgotten that the RB finder would have to take

into account the ability to rotate the back. Still, it may be a more economical alternative to KEH. (I always get

hit pretty hard with import duties to Canada from KEH.)

Cheers,

Tom