New F1 Waist Level Finder

baris_john

I have both WLFs, and I almost never use them. I actually have all five of the darn things, which is sad, and means I should get a life, and in practice I use only the Eye Level Finder and the AE Finder. If you need a WLF, the Speedfinder rotated upwards is a plausible solution.

Depends what you need to use. The 6X WL Finder better for critical focusing for macro due to optical system. Speedfinder

has full screen view & can be looked at from a distance up to 2 1/4" but the eyecup should be used to prevent stray light from

affecting the meter reading. Speedfinder helpful if you wear glasses. Speedfinder eyecups hard to find & expensive if not

included with SF when purchasing.

I have the 4X version and almost never use it. Though when I do forest floor Macro it has come in really handy. Not so sure called them waist level was even a god idea since to use them you need to be one heck of a lot closer the waits level. A much better name would have be Vertical View 4X Magnifying Finder FN

You can see the normal aperture metering scale with the 6xWLF (don't know about the other one) as it's built into the camera body - but it's on the left hand side of the viewfinder. You won't see the shutter speed AE scale along the bottom of the viewfinder as this is only available with the AE finder.