Printing Postcards (Epson 2200)

Hello,

I am trying to print some post cards for my own marketing purposes.

I cant get my 2200 to print well on anything but Epson papers, and I

cant print on my less expensive HP with card stock.

I was thinking of looking for some Avery type stickers (not sure what

type) and printing with my hp on those, or going to a printer to have

some cards done.

Is it more cost effective to go to a printer and have them do my

cards? I only need 100 or so.

Hi Brian,

<a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003phi">This</a> is a Photonet link talking about the same thing, but probably not what you'd hoped to find. You can use Photoshop to print multiple cards per sheet and cut them yourself. But as you pointed out, it just might be more cost-effective to take this job to a printer since it would be rather time-consuming. I didn't see any postcards at Inkjetart, but they have lots of paper that actually works with the 2200. Click <a href="http://www.inkjetart.com/EpsonStylusPhoto2200/media.html">here</a> for their recommended 2200 papers - some are Epson, some are not. BTW, I've found that Inkjetart's "Micro Ceramic Luster" paper is pretty much the same as Epson's Premium Luster but much cheaper. Best wishes . . .

I'm afraid printing is an art of it's own Brian if you need this stuff pretty quick get someone else to do it. If you have time get a sampler pack from one of the paper companies...although my wife is the expert on our 2200 I know from experince on larger printers that you need to calibrate to each paper and type of ink AND balace that against your digital input...whew...but lots of fun none the less. Drop a "C" note on some 'varied' supplies and let me know what works...;)...J