Tiffen 58mm Digital Enhancing Filter Kit

alexander_c1

I think the only thing in there that is of any value is the pola filter. Being a Tiffin, it will turn your pics green and you have to rebalance them. I have 3 Tiffins polas and they all do it. Not a serious problem for photoshop to repair, but I would not use one for film. A B+W or Leica pola will not do it.

Photoshop does everything else.

Complete (almost) waste of money.

If you want a polarizer, buy a good one - Hoya HMC, Hoya Pro 1, B+W or Nikon (although that might be sacrilegious on an Canon EF lens ;-) ).

You don't *need* a UV filter (modern lenses filter out almost 100% of UV that affects film or digital media). If you want a clear or UV filter to protect your lenses, again buy a good one (see above).

There is nothing "digital" about the Digital Enhancing Filter. That's just a bald faced marketing gimmick (the same Tiffen filter was sold prior to digital). Both the effects from the Enhancing and 812 filters can be accomplished in post processing (or perhaps with in camera settings).

Filter "kits" are seldom a good value. You usually get something you don't really need, and the quality of the items you do use is usually compromised.