Australia ... Photography locations

alhamrani

I live in Melbourne and there are new ant terrorism laws that make some streets of down town Melbourne illegal to photograph.

and the catch is (PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY) is a breach of copy right in the melbourne botanical gardens and in national parks.

They even tried to sue Kenn Dunkan.

I think the most photogenic part of the country is the middle or up north.

My web sights cover has a shot of the devils marbles it's in the middle of the country.

http://www.thorley.com.au

Nick

Nick, have you actually tried taking pictures in the city? (Where are you from and how long have you been here? No

Australian would say "downtown".) You must remember that when the owners of the Southgate shopping complex put up

signs "prohibiting" photography, Attorney General Rob Hulls gave them a humiliating dressing down on television... and

the signs disappeared within days.

You do need a permit to photograph weddings in the Botanic Gardens. Can you imagine trying to walk around the place on a Saturday

if you didn't? But it's also crawling with tourists and locals taking pictures.

I agree the National Park "licensing" is a worry, and that's one reason I concentrate on NSW. But for personal use there

is no problem.

I'm not sure what Federal building here is worth taking a picture of, now the "Green Latrine" has been demolished and the GPO has turned

into Chaddy on Bourke.

Can you point me to information on what DSE tried on with Ken Duncan?