Flash Sync on CF Zeiss lenses

ansdkajnsdkjns

Hi all,

I cant figure out what the situation is with sync cables for my hass 503 (or more importantly cf lenses)

ive seen the sync on the older lenses uses a very small attachment but does anyone know if the CF zeiss

lenses use a regular pc sync cord? is the pc sync cord a standard?

i remember seeing a website offering sync cables for cf hasselblad last year but now i cant find it, and i see canon

and nikon have different syncs for dslrs

confusion!!!

Sacha,<br><br>Yes, "PC" cords (or rather their connectors) constitue a standard.<br>In fact, "PC" stands for Prontor and Compur, the two shutter manufacturers who set that standard ages ago.<br><br>All Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses (with shutter) use a synch cable with 'regular', standard PC connectors. You can get those almost anywhere.<br><br>Canon and Nikon do indeed have proprietary. non-standard flash synch connectors. To make users of these cameras buy same-brand flash units and accesories.

How I miss my blad! But I do remember how the CF sync sockets are hexagonal - so it would make perfect sense that a close-fitting hexagonal plug wouldn't jiggle quite as much as a standard plug. As I think back on the many jolts I'd received over the years - trying to bite a sync plug back into shape (could never find my "sync plug straightener" when I needed it) I wish I'd researched this further!

The PC jack is not hexagonal on CF lenses, just the collar surrounding the jack. The collar has an internal O-ring which grips the plug. CFI and CFE lenses have a push-button clamp instead of the O-ring.

You get better grip and and performance if you purchase a Paramount cable with a "long" plug, which is beveled on the outside to work better with the O-ring. The "long" plug also works better with the bare PC jack on C lenses. I haven't had problems retaining the cable since switching to the appropriate PC connectors.