Nikon Announcement Next Week

diane_madura

For some reason I think Nikon's announcement will introduce quite a few products capable of good performance and results that many (including myself) can't afford; while causing the value of various type of pre-existing equipments to go down.

Ditto Jim Tardio's sardonic observation. Don't be surprised if the big announcement turns out to be a bunch of mundane consumer grade products, sexed up to attract casual photographers watching the Olympics. "Look, a Coolpix with 12-500mm f/5.6-f/16 VR and built-in wireless!" Yippee.

The timing is all wrong for rolling out a bunch of high end gear. The D300 and D3 haven't been on the market long enough - it makes absolutely no sense to undercut the market for those two models. The U.S. economy is in the toilet. And it ain't Christmas. Prepare to be bemused rather than amazed.

Just to show I enjoy a little speculation as much as the next person, how 'bout a virtually silent Nikon dSLR, or one with a silent mode? I'll be that would find a ready market among some pros and serious amateurs, especially golf tour photographers, movie set photogs, street shooters and upskirt pervs.