Does anyone know of online plans for a tempering bath?

I always thought it would be nice to be able to process my own color materials. The problem is that I have alot

more time than money and tempering baths cost more than I can afford to pay in the latter. Does anyone know of

plans or instructions posted somewhere online for building a tempering bath at the heat levels needed for E6 and

C41? I'd call it a Heathkit Jobo, but I don't know that anyone would get what I meant.

Steven

Before I had a darkroom, I used a bathroom as my processing lab for E6. It's been a while but the principles would be the same. Water loses temp rather slowly. A larger body of water will get cooler more slowly. I used the bath tub filled to the point where the 2 liter E6 bottles would just about float. The temp of the water was measured with a lab grade [ in tenths] thermometer and i kept the temp at about 3 degrees C above the process temp. This kept the chemicals at about the right temp. You'll need to compensate for room temp etc. I checked the temp of the bath regularly but need to adjust about once every hour. This is crude but all my E6 was developed without losing a roll.

By the way, to keep the developing tank - stainless steel - at temp, I used the sink to maintain a constant water temp bath. Smaller volume of water in the sink meant more fine tuning of temp.

I made a neoprene coozy for my steel development tank. Uninsulated, the liquid temperature would drop from 100.4F to 82F in six minutes. Two layers of neoprene and a warming pre-bath changed that to only three degrees drop over the same time. It had an added bonus of increasing the tank diameter enough so that I could use a Beseler Motor Base for continuous agitation.

Not exactly on the subject but this link is interesting:

http://home.hccnet.nl/e.vd.logt/htm/hardware_uk.htm

This person made a home-brewing tank with precise temperature control. You can take a lot from the principles here and apply them to a tempering bath. The basic idea is to use a LM92 temperature sensor (0.33 accurate!) combined with a heater and Solid State Relay (basically a dimmer for the heater) all controlled by a PID algorithm run by a microprocessor or computer. This is on my list of things to do. If you did it right this could be more accurate than a Jobo.