Looking for ETTL cord to use along with PW

I typically use a three flash set-up with Lastolite softboxes with one on either side of the subject, and the

third in front for a catch/fill, a 580 EXII in each, controlled with PW. What I would like to do is use the third

on a bracket, but still control with PW so that I can create more space between myself and the subject than the

master/slave function of the flash allows. Does anyone know of an ETTL cord that has a hot shoe on the top to

accept the PW transmitter?

With your master/slave description above I believe you are trying to use PW's together with Canon's optical triggering. I don't own 580's but they do have a glitch that doesn't permit the mix of master manual triggering -- a backwards step compared to the 550. If you search master manual and 580 you will find a lot of threads. Or, am I misunderstanding your question? If you have enough PW's you shouldn't need any extra cords.

Dave

• 3 months later...

Dave H. wrote: "580's but they do have a glitch that doesn't permit the mix of master manual triggering -- a backwards step compared to the 550."

Hi. Could you elaborate on what master manual triggering is? I was thinking about getting a 580EX II instead of a 550EX to go with a Canon XTi and I have a couple of Nikon flashes I want to use as manual slaves.