Feedback from my first wedding shoot...

julie_g.

Nice, but five isn't many to judge a wedding by. Only one that could be changed is the b&w of the girl. Crop out the thing on the right.

Other ones are very nice, even though you might want to do more with the rule of thirds, and not have the couple (or rings) right in the center of the picture.

Looks good, but yeah I'd also like to see more work. I like the ring shot.

A composition note: the picture of the bride and groom kissing on the path, look at the white like in front of her. It's like a long thread off her dress or something, stuck out in the picture to me.

In agreement about the quantity, but these snaps are good. A couple quick things you can do in post is to warm up the color of her dress in the first shot (too blue) and bring back some of the highlights in her dress on both the first two. That will give it a nice true white color with lots of detail. Good luck.

Julie,

I did go to your full gallery. Not bad for a first time, but I think you could edit out a number of the photos. There are MANY duplicates/slightly different photos. I didn't spend a lot of time there, so I'm not going to critique the whole thing, but I thought there were too many photos. Pick the best one or two from a series of similar photos and show them.

Sam

There are several problems.

You amputated a lot of people in a lot of the pictures. Take full size and crop later if you need. (portrait-200)

Many of the poses look rigid. Bend joints, have people relaxe, groomsmen hands in pockets, etc.

In several of the pictures the whites of the dress are blown and there is no detail left. Underexpose a half stop as you can easily recover. You cannot recover blown highlights. (portrait-189)

The color of the dress is blue in many of the pictures. This is from the light coming from the sky while being in the shade. Custom white balance or fix in post processing. (Portraits-172 for example).

Have the bride hold her flowers lower to give a longer line to her pose. (portrait-200)

You also pose her facing the camera when she should be at a small angle. (portrait-162).

You had a good venue, the sky was overcast making one massive diffuser. Some fill flash or reflectors would have done wonders.

Overall the images look very much like a beginner. Now let me say that they are much better than my first wedding. And most importantly, if the couple likes the images, my opinion ain't worth spit.

Julie<br>

<br>

After looking at your images that you posted, these are the overall comments I have (I have posted seperate comments on your images)<br>

<br>

<ul>

<li>You need to pay more attention to your composition of your images</li>

<li>You need to look at your suroundings and watch out for the obstructions. Eg: Tree growing out of heads etc...</li>

<li>You need to take care of your whites</li>

<li>Try not place your images in the centeral position. Sometimes it works, but more often than not it does not.</li>

</ul><br>

<br>

<ul>

<li>You try to capture the moment and feelings well</li>

<li>You light is generally well handled</li>

</ul><br>

<br>

Regards<br>

Bjorn