NX2 Update?

Rene11664880918

Sometimes I have similar "experiences" with their updates and I think it has something to do with the region you are in, as the update downloads but does not allow to install, or it installs but does not register as updated, etc. Kind of annoying but I can live with it. Just download the update when there is one and turn the rest off.

- Sergey

Good morning (evening?) Rene. I just opened my NX2 trial and didn't get any update notice. I wonder if this has something to do with their actual release of the software, which I believe was Friday. Did you already purchase the product or are you still using the trial?

Maybe it's a glitch, maybe they are just trying to give you guys in Japan a chance to update first. Sorry, dunno.

Ronald... :) I'm sure the owner of my computer! he!he! Just kidding. Well, it doesn't ask me for a password or anything at

all. It looks like its downloaded completely and then it just tells me it can't download. Uhmm! Weird! I think at Nikon

really know about their NEFs but they need to learn how to make softwares. Now it is doing the same with ViewNX!

Bruce... is it on sale already? I'm using the trial. I was waiting for Nikon to let me know when to purchase it. I'll check it

out! But for sure if it can't update there is no way I'll give them money for it!

"Maybe it's a glitch, maybe they are just trying to give you guys in Japan a chance to update first. Sorry, dunno."

Nah! I wonder if Shun is behind all this! :)

Rene'

Uhmm! OK! It's on sale already! Now Nikon is doing something really stupid again. To buy the upgrade I have to enter the

info of NX1 which I got for free with my D300 but since I didn't use it I didn't register it! Since it is not register I can't buy

the upgrade, I'm supposed to get the regular one for around 200 USD. Why do they do things like that? They give people

such a hard time? Do they know that Nikon is not the only place to get a stupid key? Rene'

Rene, I thought all you had to do was provide the key code. Yes, it would be a nuisance to install NX and register it just to get the upgrade.

BTW, I just checked on availability. NikonUSA says it will be available "around" June 20, not necessarily on that date. Nikon Mall says "temporarily out of stock." In other words, no shipments yet.

Personally, I am not in any hurry to pick up NX2 since the 60-day trial is working fine. I am sure the update will be available long before the 60 days expires.

I have the experience with that pesky NX.."download update?"

the profress bar proceeds to the right and when it's almost finished I get something like "could not download, please try again later"

every time.

If you have NX 1.3 (1.2?) you have to pay for the latest full number version?

Anybody know if they improved on the speed of this program? I like it but it runs kind of slow on my G5 2.0 (6 gig RAM).

Bruce... There is a place where it says ENTER SERIAL NUMBER. After I clicked there, instead of asking for the S/N

asked me for my name and e-mail add. After I entered it it says I haven't registered it. Maybe I'm too spoilt but when I

wanna give my money away I expect it to be easy. I don't like having headaches in order to expend my cash.

David... It is really fast compared to NX1. At least it is in my computer. NX1 I couldn't run it coz it was so slow and my

laptop used to be so hot!