Data Retrieval

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. Long time ago I saved a load of my photographs to CD using a simple drag and drop

type software. Now usually after finishing a disc, the program would ask if I wanted to organize the disc so that the

images could be read on any cd-rom drive...or leave it as is so that I could continue adding photos to it. So I left

most as is. My old computer has ceased to operate, and any new computer...laptop or desktop...wont let me

install the old CD recording software...so I have all these discs that when I try to open them from a CR Rom

drive....appear to have nothing on them...yet I kow there is. Question is...does anyone know how I can get

these "hidden" images back. Is there a good free retrieval program or a compatible program that I could use?

Thanks in advance

Gavin:

Since you have the CD with the old software on it, check on the internet to see if they are still in business. If they are you may be able to upgrade to a newer version that will load on your new computer and read the cd's.

If they are not, you may be able to find a competitor's software that will read the disc's.

Also tell us the software vendor and version....other members may know it and give you other paths to try.

Good luck

Gavin:

After I wrote the above, the thought came to me that the software on your old system was compatible for the CDROM drive installed on that computer. Therefore, when you try to install the software on your current system and it does not find that drive, the install is aborted.

Was the cdrom drive working and do you still have the old system? If so you maybe able to install the drive on the new system and then install the software. I would call your old hardware vendor for guidance.