What about an image says "Make me B&W!"?

achristensen

This has been a really neat thread insomuch as it would be an interesting challenge to shoot an entire wedding, color digital, with the emphasis on the final output being the black and white medium. I not talking just a batch conversion to B&W, but rather looking for the light that lends itself tho that medium. Then the occasional color shot would capture the particular scene that served color better. Now if I can just find a bride and groom willing to go along? Food for thought.

All, Yes, I always like to tint B&W's with just a touch of brown. Straight black and white just seems so blue and

cold. I must have missed that step with the shot I uploaded. Yes, I use Lightroom but instead of Photoshop I have

been using Paint Shop Pro for about 5 years and recently upgraded to the X2 version which does much of what I

need far easier than PS. I also use the Nik ColorEfex Pro software which is just too cool and I love to get

carried away messing around with those filters. I especially love the lighten/darken center feature. It gives me

the chills. William that image is gorgeous. Did you do anything special once your converted, to highlight her

face. My eye goes right to it. I agree about emotion in B&W with all who have mentioned it. And Todd, I see what

you mean about seeing the image in B&W. I like them much better in b&W. Alas, I wanted to get a silhouetted image

of the bride in a large window like that but I couldn't find a suitable full-length window in the time frame I

had with the bride alone. I got one of the bride going down a stairwell but she wasn't moving fast enough and I

wasn't quite getting the fluid, motion-like feel. So I took the shot anyway and altered it later. I will post it

and see what you think.Its also black and white.

Is this the original? Looks like a lot of added blur to me with perhaps some masking around the face? I vary rarely do it, but sometimes all you need to do is blur a hand, which is realistic as it often moves faster than other body parts when walking. If the blur is added, maybe try to just blur the arm?

Per Mary's request ... a shot I find more timeless and romantic in B&W ... even though the color version isn't bad. I had a

heck of a time finding the color version of this shot since I never intended it to be anything but B&W : -)<div>00PsWg-50299584.thumb.jpg.122d2a5a6d874a64be4240551524cc1e.jpg</div>