Red Skin , Red everyhting actually.

dave_diggin

D.J.,

<br><br>

My contribution.

<br><br>

This is ACR, with mostly color temperature and saturation adjustments, some minor

other tweaks, then saturation and levels in Photoshop.

<br><br>

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp ...Tom M<div>00Pp87-49085984.jpg.2efc34be09f75cfbcc6c16228f2bfc68.jpg</div>

Dave, I also made a run at the correction, doing it with a color profile. I think this would actually print fairly nice, however, I did leave some dirty faces and I'm sure I botched up a few people's hair. It's a side effect of trying to lift up the really dark shadowed parts of the faces, including the raccoon eyes. But hey, you're the photographer, you might as well be the one to do the final editing.

If you want a copy of the profile, email me and I'll send it to you on Mon or Tues.<div>00PpCp-49115584.jpg.829e5fd9e71e40af8715a55e1f0bd50c.jpg</div>

The color problem is because the flash was set to what Nikon calls Balanced i-TTL. Flash is automatically compensated to be even with the ambient. (If you looked at the back of the flash, you would have seen TTL-BL)

The +1.0 EV exposure compensation has no effect on exposure since you manually set exposure to 1/100, f/3.5.

The flash exposure was set to +0.7 EV which I'd expect to bring the flash up, but maybe a high ceiling was also exceeding the reach of the flash.

Need a strobe and don't use auto white balance. Set the camera white balance to flash.

Also lower your exposure. To my eye after shooting 50 to 100 weddings a year for 20 plus years, this church looks darn dark; looks like your exposure should have been set around 30th of a second at f4 ISO around 800. This is the reason for RED!

Moderator note:

Dave - Thankfully people posted the image when doing corrections so we can see them in the thread rather than in another window.

Please take a careful note of the instructions when starting a thread for how to upload images.

1) 700 pixels or less in width

2) You must type in a caption in the caption box

We need the images IN the thread and by following the directions it will not show up as a link Thanks.