EOS Rebel XS/1000D announced

shuo_zhao

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly wait for the "should I get an XT, and XTi, an XS or an XSi?" questions. Not to mention the 30D and 40D.

Too many choices. People will get headaches.

I'm sure Canon USA will get around to posting it soon. That will make 4 Rebel models on their site since the still have the XTi and XT on there as well as the XSi.

>> "In both the Au site and the Japanese site Canon is claiming a capable shot burst of 514 shots Jpeg."

I think the camera has an unlimited JPEG bust limit at 3 fps.

The XS is essentially everything I like about the XSi with nothing else I don't really need.

>> "You can bet that it will rapidly position itself to be competitive against the Nikon D40X."

It's obviously a better camera than the D40x, even a D60. Most significantly it doesn't have the AF competibility problems of the compact nikon DSLRs.

>> "the viewfinder is tiny at 0.81 magnification - you may want to use live view, and the sensor is just 14.8x22.2mm - 1.62 crop."

None of these is nearly as bad as the AF competibility issue. I think people who had some experience using compact DSLRs would feel OK with the small viewfinder. The sensor is a standard APS-C size unit, like the ones in XXD cameras (I wonder whether it has 40D's sensor...).

I think people who are frustrated with using a P&S's LCD in bright sunlight will love ANY viewfinder, regardless of the magnification (if they even know what it means).

All in all, nice attack from Canon, but I'm sticking to my 400D for now :-)

Hmm, would this make a good backup for my 1ds2 or should I stick with the 40d?

I found live view very power hungry, could be disappointing if a P&S upgrader is exspecting to use it more than a tiny VF :) unless its been improved