Green Images Production with Holga or Diana (medium format)

While looking at various websites containing Diana or Holga images I have seen

some really nice green images of a sunsets for example. How are these green

images produces? (a few I have found are blue) I find these images quite

interesting and would like to know how to make my images green.

Well, the one you linked to looks like it could be made with a CFN (color flash Holga). These have a colored sheet of plastic in front of the flash which can be rotated to different colors. It also looks like a double exposure, with one of the exposures containing the streaked lights (long exposure) and the other containing the portrait.

Cross-processing of the film can also result in strange color shifts.

Color filters placed over the lens, or even post-processing after scanning could be the culprit as well.

I have a color flash with my Diana and I can't get the color to be uniform so I am assuming that either it's some kind of filter in front of the lens OR the flash is fired at an angle more sharply into the lens OR post processing.

Mr Osborne: "using fuji 200" could it be longer exposer times with slower film? I am using Fuji 400 and I am getting some blue in some images.

I am such a beginner at this. It's really challenging and I like that. I got a Diana F+ because I liked the retro look. I am having fun and I guess that's the important thing. I'll play around with various films and shutter speeds and light conditions and see what I come up with.

I am going to try green flash on a longer exposer and see if that does it.

yep, that's Fuji film cross-processed, unmistakeably. Fuji films give a green tinge, kodak a blue and yellow one usually. Out of the Fuji films Velvia comes out the greenest in my experience. I have found Astia is brilliant for x-pro, but not so convenient to get hold of. Kodak Royal slide films are also good I find.

Nearly all the marketing photos the Lomography Society use are cross-processed. They don't make it clear, so a lot of people buy the cameras, use normal c41 , and then are disappointed that they don't get the same bright colours as the adverts.

Expired slide film is great for x-pro, and also very cheap. You can put it in the fridge to preserve it, or even the freezer if you want it to keep forever. If I used expired film, I usually over-expose it one stop.

Warm up filters give a nice vintage effect to x-pro as well, I find.

Here's all my flickr photos tagged with xpro, if you want some ideas http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmafalconer/tags/xpro/

Cross-processed means to me that the film was developed "wrong" on purpose. Am I right? Expired film is film that is "too old". This too old film can be kept in the fridge or freezer like you mention. Am I right?

Just to make sure I'm clear on this....the marketing photos the Lomography Society use are cross-processed AND/OR expired film?

"They don't make it clear" is an understatement. I'm not upset about it.

Thanks for the link. Nice pictures.