Polaroid conversion

I have a old polaroid Highlander model 80 A and have no use for it. But the

other night a thought came to me: DIGITAL POLAROID HIGHLANDER. So I bought a

Polaroid izone 300w digital camera. Turns out the way the lens assembly is

hooked to the circut board is a 30 pin scocket. So now I have pretty much wasted

$30.24. Does anybody know what I could do to make my camera useable again?

Well... you aren't going to find a digital sensor that's 6x8cm for $30... I have converted a Model 80 to use 120 film, but its a REAL conversion... as in, new parts have to be made, parts have to be cut and ground out of the camera. Unfortunately the roll used for Polaroid roll films was quite a bit thinner than 120 film, so that's the source of the difficulty.... if only Polaroid had made the chamber just a TAD bigger, this would be an easy conversion. The lens used on these cameras is beautifully sharp and the shutters seem to hold up forever.

Hello Patrick and Nuna. I am glad i found this thread, I was thinking for a long time of buying a Polaroid 800 too convert it to use 120 film or evern 70mm but recently somone gave me a poloroid 80 and when i opend it up it looked perfict for a 120 conversion. Patrick you are right about there not being alot of room for a 120 spool tho, but i was thinking maby a 620 would be a nicer fit, however i have not done any modifications yet i wanted to see what others have done first , i was thinking ofjust fitting a spool advancer on the top oposit the view finder, it seems the perfict place, if i go with 620 i was thinking of canablalizing a hawkeye Browney for the parts. Another ide is to buy a 220 roll back and fit it to the back of the camera. Patrick can you show me some pics of yours and tell me how you did your conversion?

oh also , i Need to know somthing about this camera, I realise its a single shutter speed , does anyone know what it it? im guessing its 1/50 of a second. Also what are the 8 appeture settings for the lens?

I didnt want somone to come across this thread and try to answer it because i alredy got my answers. as usual when posing on this site i try to follow the rules and not start a new thread but if i dont i never get an answer , witch was the case here too , i did start a new question and got some help , but found out more on my own. I Know the specifications of my camera now i just have not seen any one that truly did a conversion of a model 80 .. and wheni say seen , i mean no pictures or how to instructions , altho i seen many blogs of people stating they did one , but no pictures or discriptions. I have even read on this site from at least one person that claimed they did it, but again no pictures or anything telling how they did it, Although one perosn did post a link to what he said was his pictures converting a model 80 but the link was no good and the thread was over 2 years old. SO ill just figure the rest out myself... I need to take a computer appart i think , because i need some small screws i have to drill out alot of small rivits and need to make shift a roller wheel.. if ima do this from scratch i think ill make a frame counter and no red window so i can use 220 film also. Thanks to anyone that is reading this long after its posted.. send me a message and see if i finished this.. i always need encouragement

• 4 weeks later...

I have just finished cutting the back off of a polaroid super shooter and I also cut the back off of a polaroid 150. I followed the instructions off of the land list. I am lacking the pack film at the moment. The specialty camera store that carries the film that I need is not close by. I put in groundglass and got a perfect upside down image so I think I am on the right track. I will post pictures when I am done.

Chris

• 1 month later...