SW "Example frames" that show your current manipulations are too small for tired

eyes. It would be wonderful if it could be drug over to the other monitor. Dual

monitors are the norm these days IMO.

I don't know if, or how I can enlarge the sample frame to get a better sense of

what's happening in my WIN XP OS. Would a huge monitor give me a feel (not

braile) for what is to be seen?

SW

Andromeda digital filters:

EtchTone Filter ver1.2

Series 3 Screen Filters version 1.6.1;

Cutline Filters Version 1.1

I know Adobe is now their "parent" but I hope you-all are more responsive.

I think all manipulations can be viewed full-screen using most viewers...within Photoshop, Paint Shop, Elements, Picasa etc...some of those are free.

Is that related to your question?

Dual monitors are not a norm, they're a convenience if you have the desk space and $$.

Incidentally, for your purposes (another thread) I'd either stay with XP or get a new machine with Vista SP1 pre-loaded (I just did). Don't risk XP>Vista upgrade perils.

You can use dual monitors, but the video graphics card in your PC has to have two seperate monitor ports that support that. Then you have to go into the Video Graphics program, and set that up. I used to "support" one CAD operator that use dual monitors. Windows sliced the workspace in half, put the left half on the left monitor, and thr right half on the right monitor, and left me with "split personality". That was weird! and took a while to get used to. But the employee liked it that way.

If its an issue that you WANT dual screens, but only have one monitor, you can always go to a Thrift Store, like Goodwill or Salvation Army, and see if you can get a used monitor for a cheap price. Typically, you can get 15" color monitors, sometimes 17", and rarely the higher ones. For example, I recently acquired a used Nec SyncMaster 753E 15" color monitor for $4 and it still runs perfectly. You can hit the WWW and look around a bit, and even find a PDF copy of the original owners manual.

With the dual monitor approach, the whole Windows workspace is literally spread across two screens. So when you move the Pointer around, it is constantly jumping from one screen to another. You could adjust your windows so that the Examples frame is on the right monitor and your primary edit window is on the left monitor.

If its an issue that you cant adjust the sizes of the windows for some reason, and they are simply too smal for your eyes, then you can always LOWER the Display Resolution by going into the Control Panel, and running the Display icon, and adjusting the Resolution.

For example, if the current resolution is 1280 x 1024, then you move the slider back to the left, to make it something like 1024 x 780. By using a smaller resolution, the screen gets less # of dots to paint the screen image on the screen, and so that will make all the icons and windows and frames look BIGGER on the screen. I dont know if that will really give you what you are looking for. And, of course, that is going to affect how hi-res digital images are displayed on the screen. Less resolution means that your picture editing apps will be showing you a smaller portion of a large dimension, hi-res, color image. That means you may have adjust the Zoom In and Zoom Out more than before.

Finally, you can always contact Tech Support team for the vendor that makes your software. That's what they are there for. Give them a call, explain to them your situation, and ask how you make the frames bigger. They may tell you that you need a bigger monitor, or provide some other option. But at least you have that resource to turn to, so take advantage of it.

It is not you, rather, my approach. The frames of application/demonstration for Andromeda, now an Adobe propety, are too small to get a sense of the "filter" effects. One can drag the area of attention to different parts of an image which helps. Your help was: to change the resolution of my display screen to a lower number thereby increasing the apparent size of the imaged objects.

Were my "tutor-tech" available "we'd" upload a visual. The other help was to work the SW filter out of PS. While I tended to rely on a more bread and butter image editing SW, maybe I'll try some cheese with the bread and butter for a more satisfying meal.