Our new event system

mark newcombe www.mcnphoto

Hi guys,

I have been emailed a fair bit regarding workflow for leagues, t&i and smallish

events. I thought i'd throw some shots up of our small league and event system,

basically a nice pc running ed, a shinko 2145 and ups this system is good for

2000-2500 a day so good for a 500 kid league at 4 photo's per kid or any other

event requiring this volume of photo's, we have 4 of these now so we can chain

them together for larger events or leagues.

We run ED, CS3, photo impact x3, control pro 2 and not much else on this system,

the trick is to build it bullet proof so it doesn't let you down on site we also

hang a 42 inch lcd off the back of it which adds to the wow favctor for parents.

We shoot tethered in tents on site to contol the lighting and using cont pro 2

the operator can adjust my exposure from the box as we go this lets us shoot the

team before the game and they pick up the photos once they have finished.

Since building the print on site modules we have increased business considerably

because it takes the work out of it for the clubs and they get paid a commision

on the day. Anyone looking at, or currently in the t&i business should consider

this type of system as it works well for us, the modules simply loads onto and

commercial plane or gets carted round in our vans and sets up in minutes.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Regards

Mark<div>00PL6n-43222884.JPG.a6b3df205f8676184aa9906fa585e60d.JPG</div>

Nice setup! This is our event system, it's an 18 foot vender trailer. At this time we do only action photos for Race events and some sports leagues. We use the "5 Minute Photo" Software for the viewing stations. The Kodak printer has been replaced with a Sony UPGR 700. We also use a Snaplab for 5x7's.<div>00PONa-43324484.jpg.18d1966aa06d0d4fdae639ff099178e8.jpg</div>

Hi Eric,

Not really the shinkos are far better than the old olympus printers we used to use the boxes also have raised floor with fans underneath so heat has never been a real issue. When we netework four together the system just picks the next available so if we are not constantly printing they do get a chance to cool off a little.

Nice trailer, how are the sony's going they had good reviews but i went with the shinkos this lap because the importer down here is pretty good service and media wise plus the speed. Did you get the dreeded flash shut downs with the kodaks everybody is talking about?

I'll post some picks of the complete system later we run 2 3x3mtr and a 6x3mtr tents at the standard league days. I went that way because there is no way I'd get a trailer like yours into our locations and we don't sell on spec stuff so no real need for view stations, however after the florida gig with ryan I'm starting to adjust that train of thought a little for the real big events.

A friend of mine is a pretty well know sprint car driver down here and used to do outlaws up there we just tried dye subing some prints onto a helmet which went pretty ok i'll flick you a pick of that as well, he is selling them at race meets as signed limited edition pieces so something to look at maybe.

Nice set up.

cheers

Mark

Anyone else want to post images of there systems?

Mark,

So far the Sony's have been great. we had the Snaplab for over a year and no problems. The GR700 was just added last week. We had a Kodak 1400 before that and it worked ok but was getting past its useable time for our setup. I went with the Sony because we got a good deal and support from our local shop (Roberts Imaging). Sony also has a good reputation for print quality and reliableity. The one thing that made me realy look at the Shinko, was there wireless transfer option. I would like to see the helmet images, we have several Sprint events we go to and that might be an item to add to our inventory.

Thanks Eric