And I'm staying in the tent cabins. I'm just posting this to see if anybody

would like to meet and shoot either in Yosemite or in Sequoia National Park. I

mostly like to wander around and shoot whatever catches my fancy. . . not into

postcard photography . . . and then drink some wine and have a good dinner at

the lodge. I shoot for several stock agencies, including Alamy, Acclaim, and

Superstock, as well as show in galleries. I also dislike crowds (I know,

Yosemite is crowded), so any suggestions on out-of-the-way locations would be

appreciated.

Missed me by 2 weeks. Dogwoods should be in full bloom, wildflowers will be on the decline. During weekend is peak time for the tourists, so the valley is craziest then. I headed to Hetch hetchy. Noone there. Wawona grove should be open by then. Be prepared to wait to get in, coming in on either 120/140 as the construction is still nuts. Melt is in full now, so waterfalls are looking great and lots of reflecting pools for neat shots. have fun!<div>00PJbm-43178284.jpg.964550fe889d1fcd02845598f33fbc9a.jpg</div>

I'll be there on the 14th for a week. I anticipate I'll be doing Yosemite and few hiking trails mid week and possibly going to Bishop and Kings Canyon too. I wanted to go earlier but could not work it out as I really love the wildflowers. Hope a few remain.

Had not heard of construction on the 140 (south route) being really bad,will have to check that. Been checking the roads within Yosemite on the NPS website too. I'll probably do the obligatory tourist shots on days 1 & 2 .. the rest of the week is for wherever the tourist are not (as much as possible); and finding a decent place to eat, sleep and launch for the next day.

If you don't have Michael Frye's book .. they sell it at the bookstore in Yosemite. Lots of good photo notworthy locations to digest; and I would look into some day hikes depending on weather and trekking difficulty .. have fun. Someone told me to check with the rangers and/or visitors center staff to steer you to some of the better locations for photography. I plan to do just that.

The Rostrum - is a little ways out on the Wawona side of the tunnel, heading out of the valley on the Wawona road. Be careful with meltwater,if any, and slick surfaces but it offers views up and down the Merced, into the valley a little different from the tunnel view and across to Cataract Falls.