Hartblei Super Roatator Tilt-Shift lens for Pentax 67

bsphotography

thanks Brad but i'm pretty sure this isnt the case.... i couldent find anything about a converter going from a 645 to the 67 format, they go the other way from the 67 to the smaller format.... Also the lens looks very different to the one pictured on flickr....

Tim,

I understand most of the history behind the Pentax 6X7 mount. A friend send a Pentax lens in to be modified for his Hartblei 6X6 camera body. The modified lens was return to him with a P-6 mount. The Pentax 6X7 rear mount WAS NOT return back to him. I do recall that a Hartblei Super Roator Tilt-Shift lens custom built with a Pentax 6X7 rear mount (possibly his mount!) was offered for sale. The focal length was for 55mm F3.5 PCS customized to be a Super Rotator Tilt-Shift lens. The original Arsat 55mmF3.5 PCS was designed and built by the Arsenal factory to be a PCS lens. This lens is extremely sharp. As far I could remember, I recall seeing just the 55mm version in Pentax 6X7 mount made by Hartblei. Is the one in the photo the 45mm PCS or the 55mm PCS?

The 45mm super-rotator covers 6x6. Won't hurt to ask them is they can make it in a 67 mount. As they make that lens they could likely do a custom. Might be not cheap, but that super-rotator itself isn't that expensive to start with.

The one in the picture isn't the 55mm PSC, that one looks more conventional (got it myself) and is shift only, no tilt. It does look like a super-rotator and there is only the 45mm for medium format. But so far I have only seen it in black and with far less dimples. So it might be a custom.

Johan,

Hartblei indeed made a custom 55mm Super Rotator T/S in Pentax 6X7 mount. I recall seeing it posted on Ebay available for sale. It looked very similar to what is being shown. A monster of a lens. I am asking if the shown is either a 45mm or the 55mm Super Rotator. Apparently judging by its size, it is a custom made lens.

I know the original configuration of the Arsat 55mmPCS you are speaking of. I had mine for quite a few years. Its superbly sharp, yet the color rendition tend to be more on the Yellowish side. Something that could be fixed in Photoshop.

I have arast 55/4.5 pcs. I did a USAF chart test on it. It is sharp corner to corner with 60 lps/mm at least from f/8 on. A good flektogon 50/4 will beat it from f11, but no match at f/8. I also have hartblei 65/3.5 PCS that is much better than my mir 65mm/3.5. The hartblei 65/3.5 PCS has 3 sharp corners except top left corner (44-48 lps/mm). Mir 45/3.5 and arsat 45/3.5 MC are very tricky. It's almost impossible to get a perfect sample. But sometimes, a miracle can happen. I bought 2 mirs and 2 arsats. My second arsat has 73 lps/mm (no color fringe) in the 4 corners at f/8 after I fixed it. With this kind of resolutions, I can challenge any lenses of the 40-65mm focal length.

Richard

Anybody tried the Hartblei 45mmPSC (not the super-rotator)? I have been looking at it rather hard the last weeks because I feel I could use a bit more wide than the flektogon 50mm. Don't know if the super-rotator is worth the price difference.

"The Hartblei lens will only cover 6x6,not 6x7,I read the specs twice."

Not sure about that. It covers 6x6 with 10mm shift (12mm with possible vignetting) so it has to cover 6x7 with reduced shift.

The P6 mount cameras have a shorter flange to film distance than the Pentax 67, so an Arsat 55mm adapted to a P67 mount has to have quite a bit of custom work done to it. That's why the 55mm Arsat/Hartblei that was on ebay a year or so ago was $1700, not the usual $350 or so that the 55mm ordinarily goes for. It was tempting, but...

• 3 months later...

This is my lens. (As of 28.08.08) The guy holding it is Tom from Michaels Cameras in Melbourne (Formally from Camera lane Melbourne

,Camera Exchange Melbourne and I think Teds as well) .

I have never seen another one in the flesh and only seen a black one on the net.

I was curious to know if anyone else owns one and started this thread.

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/topic/Veryvery-rare-lens-for-Pentax-67-8135

So everyone with the Hartblei 55mm f4.5 tilt/shift for Pentax 67 please raise you hand, or send me an email. So you can join the very exclusive

Hartblei 55mm f4.5 tilt/shift for Pentax 67 owners club (Current membership 1).<div>00QebW-67473684.jpg.f972be31e7c4ef185e8e17f21cbeeccb.jpg</div>