Printing Cost Calculation Spreadsheet

I also use a pretty simple method;

i bought a box of 50 11x14 epson enhanced matte paper, a set of ink, and print around 40 full color 11x14 with that set, print at 1440 high speed.

by calculating the total cost divided by 40 i arrive to a number ($) per print, cut this number by 2 for 8x10...

Not scientific, but it work : )

thanks for your chart do, im sure it will help many. The only thing is i think since youre in Euro, your number are a bit too high vs the american price (if you do the currency conversion), i will have to check.

I've kept track of every single ink cart I've swapped out of my R2400 since I bougfht it two years ago. I have not kept track of every single print I've made (I used 6 paper types) as well as the attending costs of the ink and paper. You have to be exceedingly anal to track it all.

Ken, wont you find keeping track of all your ink cart could also be consider *anal*? ; )

i dont keep track of anything..i just sale print and know that i cover my cost every 4 print sold. (print sold to photographer like a pro lab, not as a original from me of my shot..it would only take a small one then ; )

Patrick: What would your cost be in $ after your - logical & practical - approach? I also find very interesting the fact that you are selling to labs, taking care of their special B&W photos, I suppose? For the EURO conversion, I would consider 1EUR=1.6$ approximately...

Petros, if you read my earlier response, you would have notice how i could determine my cost;

total cost of ink, total cost of paper / by how many print of the same size i could get from this package (let say 40 11x14 full color) = whats the cost of a single print more or less. Let say around 2$CAN a 8x10 on luster paper, 4$CAN for a 11x14 luster paper. That does not include the price of the printer iteslf, electricity, and maintenance.

Maybe i didtn explain myself well in the answer before; i dont print for lab, im like a lab for photographer, printing there BW or color image for all there need.

As i say, my method is by far unscientific and precise, but it take me around 3hrs to develop (the time to print 40 11x14 for a client), and im pleased with it. Yours seem way more precise and will be certainly helpfull for many user that need that kind of information for sure. good work.