What are the size limits for pictures here?

wpoupore

Keep 'em under 1500 x 1500. Needless to say, it's pretty useless to post larger than that anyway, since very few people could possibly see it without scrolling about. If you're responding to thread and want to post an image that will appear in-line with your comment, make sure that the longest dimension is no more than 511 pixels.

<i>"Maximum File Size <u>100 KBytes</u> (full-size images from digital cameras won't work). Please crop or downsize to a <u>width of 511 pixels</u> for inline display; larger images will appear as a link." </i><p>

I have been able to squeeze a file in bigger than 100K, but never wider than 511 px. You may have to crank up the jpeg compression up (image quality down) to get a file to fit the 100k limit.

ok, well, that answers my question.

<P><P>

in order for a picture to appear in the forum as a picture instead of a link, you must <BR>

1) have text in the normal field -- i.e., "just an experiment" in the previous post<BR>

2) make sure your photo is no more than 511 pixels in WIDTH -- apparently 1635 pixels in length is ok!<BR>

3) have a caption to your photo -- i.e., "sideways?"<P>

<P><div>00PBkc-42956584.thumb.jpg.a7b2f6355d3c7efa512af84382120621.jpg</div>

Well done, Adam. Especially since I got my photobucket/imageshack account all setup like Javier suggested in his VERY nice thread on "how to post images in p-net" but, it didn't work well for me at all (adds some sort of black border, with the dimensions in it? and terrible JPEG quality, if you ask me... maybe I need to be a "paying subscriber" to photob./imagesh.)