Not displayed on TRP...

It only has 4 ratings from the rate recent queue. That may have something to do with it.

What "counts" with regard to image ratings is somewhat complex and obviously quite confusing. It certainly confuses me, so I'm not surprised it confuses you too!

In the vast majority of cases such as this, the system is working perfectly well, but the user (and possibly some administrators like me) doesn't understand how the system works.

The other problem which causes confusion is that not all numbers are updated at the same time and I don't think any of them are updated in real time.

Bob is right. A photograph requires five ratings from the Rate Recent interface to qualify for inclusion into the <i>default</i> view of the TRP. Your photograph, Kostas, has only four ratings from the RR interface, the rest are ratings from the Category feature of the Critique Forum. Those are still anonymous but do not count towards the Magic 5 that you need. This is a <b>BIG PROBLEM</b> with the rating system because the Category rates DO count in how your photograph is presented in the Rate Recent interface.<br><br>

The way it works is like this. When a member requests a Critique on his photograph, it immediatley enters the queue of the RR interface of the Critique Forum. Other members who are rating photographs by using the RR interface are immediately presented your photograph for rating. The photograph continues to be presented to the rators in the interface until it acquires five ratings. It then drops down in presentation priority and is not presented nearly as often. This is necessary so the other thousands of photographs get a chance to be rated. <br><br>

If everything works as it was intended your photograph with its five ratings will appear in the 24 hour Rate Recent Average view of the TRP. <b>BUT</b> this is not happening anymore!<br><br>

What <i>is</i> happening is that some members are not using the RR interface but are, instead, using the Category rating system, which by the way has been newly updated for ease of use. These ratings will knock your photograph right out of the RR interface regardless of how good it is. Once it is out of the RR interface you can forget about ever seeing it in the TRP. As I said before, <b>BIG PROBLEM</b> (that's a hint, Josh).<br><br>

Far be it from me to even suggest that some members are using this system to keep other honest members off the TRP. This abuse formerly was achieved by lowballing, but with this game plan, even a <i>good</i> Category rate will knock the photograph out of the RR interface queue. <br><br>

This is happening to my photographs, it is happening to my colleagues photographs, it is happening to your photographs. It needs to be addressed. Regards.

I, again, was asking something quite certain (as I learn to live and breath with this problem so far - it is such a common problem in the human nature) witch had to do with the 8 anonymous ratings coming all from the "rate photos" tab and only from there.

I'll accept administrator's explanation, thank you for the interest and add that I am from those who believe that if the problem could be solved somehow, the next similar problem would appear almost immediately :) But, of course, you never know...One day...

Kostas, I just did a quick search <b>in the last few minutes</b> on TRP for your image, and you are there:<br><br>

Using the Search Criteria ~ Fine Art >> Past24 hours >> All Ratings (average) - you are #6 out of 9.<br>

Using the Search Criteria ~ Fine Art >> Past24 hours >> All Ratings (sum) - you are #7 out of 15!