First Photo Uploads

monochromekx

I especially like the RR shot. It contrasts modern with historic. For me, it gives a from present to "back in time" impression.

The nodding off flower shot, I recommend putting it in PS and toning down exposure, contrast or highlights some. Digital is more like slide film rather than print film- easy to blow out highlights. This is one area the new K20D is supposed to offer improvement. Was the shot taken in JPEG or RAW? RAW is supposed to offer better exposure latitude and less likely to blow out highlights. Also better for post processing in PS.

Here is a sunny flower shot taken with my K100D and 77mm Limited- shot was done in best JPEG, no post processing. I used some care in metering because of the high contrast situation- just as one must do with slide film!<div>00P48c-42743984.JPG.5aca2d64bf4fad7cf2cb173516361ea1.JPG</div>

Balance was for detail in both shadows and highlights. For realistic highlights without blocking up shadows.

You can use your spot meter to double check against what the matrix meter is doing and decide. Often the matrix meter is confirmed to be making the right choices and fine to go with it. You can also quickly meter for a certain area, then hit the AE-L and recompose for a single shot as a fast temporary measure.

Maybe had I shot in RAW, perhaps would be better yet, but maybe not, visibly. It would be of interest to do one of each side by side for comparison.

Here is another sunny one- same circumstances...<div>00P49Y-42744284.JPG.a3f6787284913f7c1a1f03970a99d636.JPG</div>

I agree w/ the others - the RR shot is about spot on - AND it's one of my fav streets in my

travels! i LOVE Kirkwood, for some reason. I keep thinking we have got to actually walk

Kirkwood sometime - but medical trips just don't leave time for it. Oh well. *sigh* Keep

sending MO pics, and I might be able to stand it