Outdoor photo shoot in Olympia, WA

Hi! I have done some scenic analysis of Olympia,WA for an Urban Design class during my days in UW. The Southern head of the Lake looking North is an arc of the most scenic views in Olympia. You may try an walk along that shore and possibly also back up into higher ground to the South. Sunrise time may not be great, due to a lot of vegetal shadows on the lake's eastern shore. Sunset time ought to be better. The landscape was more open on the Western shore. Things may have changed, of course. My observations are from 1967! Let me know what you find, if you can. I will appreciate it for nostalgia, and for the very friendly people of Washington. All the best.

There is a park on the eastern shore of the sound that looks across to the olympic mountains. It is a short hike down to the water from my recollection, but its just a stroll.

Also try down-town on the eastern side of the sound looking back toward the capitol building.

The capitol building grounds has a beautiful garden that should be opening up in bloom soon. And you are sure to find a week of good weather in April as the seasons start to change.

Remember- you're in WA... no one in WA is afraid of the rain. Take out the umbrella, go to the sound, and try some rain shots.