Does anybody know ApexGalaxy.com? Please need feedback.

Hi everybody

I am a UK based photographer and I have recently bought digital equipment from

ApexGalaxy.com based in California.

It's been 5 weeks since I bought and paid for the equipment but I have not

received it yet. Since I am not familiarised with US shopping I am wondering

if you could please give me some tips on what to do next and if you know the

company, let me know what you know.

I have writen to them many times but they are ignoring my emails, phone calls.

Does anybody know the company? Have you ever had dealings with them?

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you for your help in advanced.

Raquel

I found this when i googled, it was posted on another site. Not sure if it helps but here it is

It's a scam.

They are impersonating Apex Digital

But their real company website is located at http://www.apexdigitalinc.com

The one you dug up is an elaborate scam using an SSL certificate as well as abusing Apex Computers' BBB statement.

You just have to check the prices for Apple MacBook Pros to see how totally fake they are.

Fraudulent website. There are a couple of threads about it on the internets. You had to pay with "E-Gold", right?

The first dealbreaker is that they don't list a real address on their About page. The whole website design and content just screams scammer.

Hi guys, you are right. I have been scammed, big time! I cannot believe it's happened to me. I am usually so careful with on-line shopping. Thank you for opening my eyes.

I have now reported the company to the US Trade Commission, the Attorney District and the Better Business Bureau. Any ideas where I can report this further?

<blockquote><i>Bueh, how can one tell that the design and content just screams scammer? </i></blockquote><p>

Raquel, it's kinda hard to explain, but these scammer sites look very much the same. They use a very generic design without a real "catalog" (for example, they have a "Digital Cameras" category but are not further sorted by manufacturer etc.), they plaster all kinds of "certificates" over their pages to lull you into a sense of security ("Hacker-safe", "Trusted Site", "No. 1 XYZ shop", "100% Satisfaction"...), they use generic graphics and <b><a href="http://www.apexgalaxy.com/why_apexgalaxy.php">stock photos</a></b> for illustration, and -- as others noted -- their prices are unrealistically low for an outfit that is not well-known for this (or at all). It just "feels" like they are only after your money, and offer a perfect "image" to make you buy without a second thought.