Using Bludomain.com

I want to put a website up for my new photography business. I dont know enough

about building websites to even begin to build my own from scratch. I have

heard about Bludomain.com and their templates look really nice, better than I

could ever build at least. But I would like to know if anyone here uses them or

has used them? Have they hosted with them as well? I would appreciate as much

feedback from as many people can give me.

Hey Jon, A little heads up... just about anything one can think of, in reference to photography questions, has already been asked on this site. So to you and others who have posted the smart ass coment "you should do a search before you ask", I guess we should just close the forums to anymore questions, since 99% of all questions have already been asked in one way or another. If you don't have an answer to someone's question, maybe saying nothing would be better.

Hi Kali - Blu does have some beautiful sites but lately I have been hearing there are various problems with them. If you go to www.ilovephotography.com and do a search you can get the specifics. I personally use Big Black Bag - which is similar to Blu. I have been using their site and hosting for about three years and have run into very few problems. You can see samples of their templates at http://www.bigblackbag.com or check out my website http://www.gigglesngrinsphotography.com.

Bludomain.com has had the reputation in the past of being really slow in the customer service department due to being too popular for their own good. I bought a site from them a month or two ago, however, and I had the site up and running within a few days. No problems at all with their customer service. Perhaps they've worked through their backlog issues.

I love my site and it's super easy to edit!

I am in the process of getting my bludomain site up and running. I know they have had a lot of problems with customer service in the past, but I have had absolutely top notch service from them. They must be turning a corner - I know they have hired some customer service reps, so I think they realized it was a big problem.

Here's how it's gone for me:

I purchased a template on April 7th. I got a response back asking me to provide them with some information on my server (I am hosting the site on another server, not having bludomain host it). I responded back the same day with the info. My template was ready and handed off to me the next day, the 9th.

They have contacted me several times asking if I had any questions about how to set up my site. They offered to schedule a 15 minute call to get me going, a couple days after my site was up (I didn't need to, everything is quite straightforward). I did have a couple questions in the past week, and I just emailed them with the questions, and they responded within an hour, and quite late at night (11pm).

So I am quite impressed - looks like they've really turned things around at bludomain. Good luck with your site and let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Kali, I've had a website with Blu for about 2-3 years now. Like other people have mentioned, their customer service is absolutely horrible. Setting up a new site with them is quick and easy and they are of course very friendly (they want your busines!). But be aware once up and running, you become more or less just a number and you're on your own.

When I first bought my site I honestly believe there was only 2-4 people working there, one of them barely spoke English. Apparently due to overwhelming growth they've hired a few new customer service reps but still I can't say service has visibly improved at all.

Having said all that. Their flash designs, templates and user friendly interfaces are second to none.

• 6 months later...
I've been a bludomain customer for close to two years. Their templates are extremely easy to use. We own a site (Lucy) and it's beautiful. However, we tried to purchase a new site on August 1 this year (a new template) and we still haven not received the site. They basically took our money and never gave us the site - and have ignored our emails (we've created seven support tickets over the last three and a half months). Be cautious about giving them your money because they don't have enough staff for customer service and any support inquiries you send will go 100% unanswered. I sent an email to everyone in the company I could find online today so I hope someone will get back to us so I can at least get our money back.

• 10 months later...