Where can I buy cheapest or second hand SLR camera in Tokyo?

ebo_mn

Hello everyone,

I am Mongolian. Sorry for my bad english, I am not native speaker.

I am not professional, but my hobby is strong to photography.

It is very hard to buy any equipment of camera in Mongolia. Now I have SONY

SLR-like camera, but it is time to upgrade to professional DSLR camera.

Next few week, I have chance to go Tokyo, Japan. Then I want to buy the cheapest

or second hand (but safe) Canon EOS 40D or Nikon D200 SLR camera. Of course,

this choice've been made from my limited budget problem. I am looking for one of

those camera approx. 600-800USD with lenses.

If someone knows the cheapest place or name of second hand camera shop in Tokyo,

please please teach me the exact location, especially around Akihabara or any

other location?

Where can I buy safe second hand and cheapest DSLR (40D or D200) camera around

world, but not only in Japan?

Thanks in advance,

Boogii

I haven't compared prices, but there is a pretty good used camera shop near Shinjuku, another one near Yokohama station, several smaller ones here and there that I go to sometimes. If you want, I can give you a map or we can meet and I will take you to the shops. I am kind of self-employed so my schedule has lots of free time.

There is also KEH on the internet for used equipment. They have a very good reputation. They are American.

My email is johninjapan2000@yahoo.com

Contact me anytime.

One of my good work friends in my old job is Mongolian. Her name is Zolo. Lovely woman.

Cheers,

John

You have to understand that the Japanese camera store managers have Internet access, just as you do. Prices (on used gear) in Japan depend on the demand for those items. You, with cash [Yen] in hand, may find a very good deal while shopping....then return to the store and find that the item has been sold while you were price shopping at other stores. Used D200 prices in the U.S. are around $900 to $980, without a lens.

Enjoy your visit to Japan and good luck in finding a digital camera you can be happy with.

Yodobashi I think is what John is talking about when referring to the one by Yokohama station. I believe it's right across the street when you go out the east exit (or whatever exit More's City is). Don't forget to haggle! You can get so many free things if you purchase through them!

Thank you very much for your kind help.

I can little speak Japanese. But my English is better than my Japanese.

Anyway, thank you again all of your valuable information.

John, I really appreciate your kind support. I will contact you when I get there in Japan.

Enkhbold