Pictures of nude to scantitly clad women with an Canon S5.

lola_gunch

I have been purchasing the things to take long range pictures of

animals/birds/ect. The camera will be a S5 or the new S6 scheduled to be

announced in April or May. These are not professional cameras, I know that.

However the word as gotten around that I am putting together a camera outfit

and friends/there friends/strangers have been asking me to take nude to scantily

dressed pictures of them for there boy friends.

I don't think this is the camera for doing this but I have never seen these

kind of pictures taken with this camera series. Is there a place I can go to

look at some great photos taken of models with this camera series?

Also, I don't know if I would need to purchase some sort of special lens for

this camera to take the correct photos, if this is so, what is the best lens to

purchase?

I'm amazed when I'm asked to take nude pictures of someone for their b/f-- being a guy, I think it took me longer to get to the point where I'm asked. But, who am I to wonder why-- so I quote 'em a price.

If your friends are asking you so suddenly, they probably don't have expectations of a fully functioning studio like finished project-- if they do, then you'd be doing them a favor snapping them back to reality. I say, since you aren't trying to scam them, to do it w/ that camera if it's worht your time. Don't worry about it being a high end P&S.

You haven't asked this explicitly, but it is part of your question, so I will try to answer it. For taking photographs of posed people, regardless of what or how much they're wearing, your skills and talent in composing, lighting, and directing poses will be far more important than what camera you're using.

However, for photographs of animals, birds, etc., the right camera and lens will make a big difference. In particular, electronic viewfinders such as that found on the Canon S5 and similar cameras make it very difficult to find and follow animals and birds. Animal and bird photographers use very expensive lenses, but quite a bit can be achieved with less. A Canon Rebel, or a Nikon D40X, or any DSLR with the longest lens you can afford will be much easier to use and will give you far better results for birds and animals than the S5.

Ronald, I can quote facts about light too, and much like yours they will have nothing to do w/ the actual post above. Lola did not asking about lighting: Lola asked about a camera and doing portrait work. See how many times you see any noun regarding a hotshoe flash or lighting in Lola's post.

Let's not be argumentive just for the sake of it.

Well thats what I'm trying to find out, if I need special lighting or whatever. I cant afford a real expensive camera and lens.

I guess I didn't phrase my question very well. It should have been more around what should I have with the S5 to make things presentable in these situations, I want to do as well as I can!

The surprising thing to me is that most of them want the picture to be outside next to there boy friends car/boat/motorcycle/whatever. One even wants her nude picture laying down sideways on her horse with nothing but boots,hat and riding crop (think thats what the little short whip is called). Most already know exactly how they want the picture to look, just me to shoot it.

I would have thought for these kind of shots they would have wanted them taken inside away from prying eyes, but whatever!