D300 Battery Grip. Is this a problem?

trunfio

Now that I've embarrassed myself with my 17-55 picture, I have another question. While I am not a big fan of battery grips, I was considering getting the MB-D10. I

have the <A HREF="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=wishlisting&A=wishlistDetail&Q=&li=214CDDA0E7">LIST OF PRODUCTS</A> I believe I

need to make the D300 work at the 8fps. Can someone more knowledgeable than I tell me if my list is correct? And if so what do I do about the fact that two of the

items have been Out of Stock for many months (BL-3 battery chamber cover and EN-EL4a battery) and one is discontinued (MH-21 charger). Am I missing something

here?

eh, don't worry about it. just get 8 rechargeable AA's. battery life is amazingly good, over 2500 shots. the EN-EL4a will give you approx. 4000 but you have to buy the battery, the adapter, and the charger if you don't already have one. cameta has a kit through amazon for a mb-d10 + 8 2500 mAh AA's + travel charger for $25 over the price of the grip alone.

Make sure the charger is the kind that charges each battery individually. The ones that

charge 2 or 4 at a time are known to undercharge the 2nd (3rd, 4th) in line. There are 4x

and 8x that charge each individually, all at the same time. (I have two Lenmar '8 Minute' 4x

that work great.)

Something in me screams: "AAs to power my D300?" I read that the quick chargers lead to

shorter battery life. I'm actually have a Duracell 15 minute charger and sixteen Duracell

2700mAh's. Anyone suggest a better charger??? B&H offers Pearstone and Impact 8-bay

chargers for $70.