e410 lens

tom_bowling1664874721

Hi I've had an e410 for about a month now. It's my first digital slr (I've had a 7Mpixel Canon Ixus P&S).

The thing is, I just feel it lacks sharpness all round. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone suggest a

really crisp lens for it? In the past on film cameras I've always used primes... I wonder if it's just a zoom

thing. Of course I did switch off all that noise reduction stuff and takes photos in RAW.

When converting from RAW you'll have to do your own sharpening: Without doing that it for sure will look blurry. Most converters have a default standard amount but in my experience it's always less than the in-camera sharpening of a jpeg. One of the things I like about my E400 is just that, the crispness of the lens. How do the jpegs look with the in-camera sharpening on?

Thanks Hugh and John,

I think John's right. My regular walking about camera is a Mamiya 7 and I think moving off

the Mamiya lenses has been a bit of a shock! I do use the sharpener etc in Photoshop and

I'm sure I'll get used to what the Olympus delivers and get the best out of it eventually, but

I may have to buy a better lens. Digital is certainly very convenient.