How do to make one version of photo exact color of anther version

In the attachment, on the right you see one version of an image with the color I

like. The left image is the same image but it's too green. I am using PS CS2. Is

there a way to bypass the usual playing around with adjustments and to somehow

quickly transfer the color properties of the right image to the left? For

example, click the background, save it's color properties, and then click in the

same spot in the left image and tell PS "now, make this area look like former."

Hello, thanks for your help. What i have is just a jpeg. Adjustments were done a long time ago.

I would think software people would create a tool for just such an occasion: being able to somehow take a few pixels and tell it to reproduce that same color in another file that hasn't yet been corrected.

Have you tried the <b>'Match Color'</b> command to copy the overall color and tonal values?<br><br>

Open both your RGB/.jpgs (i.e. one that has the color characteristics you want, called the 'target', and the other being the 'destination' which will soon adopt the color values.<br><br>

With the source/target document being active, Go to Image >> Adjustments >> Match Color ... input your variables and play around.

<br>This is best done on a duplicate (layer) to preserve the original!

There probably would be no way of doing what you ask over an entire folder of pics because each individual photo would have it's own individual nuance and signature variation [mathematically speaking...as that is what is happening behind the scenes in photoshop]...so would be pretty much mathematically improbable to match a colour and transform it onto others...as the equations are worked out via the specific colours/hues/tones of one picture in particular which has it's own specific variations, and would only work with another picture with 99-100% the same mathematical specifics.

Thus i would presume that such a function hasn't been constructed [yet]...

although if you could make an adjustment layer for a specific colour change [generic], then you could create an action for that adjustment layer...then automate it over a folder of pics that need changing. This is something i tend to do a lot if I have lot's of pics which need a similar feel to them.

Mike, thanks for your help. MATCH COLOR is similar to what I was hoping for.

Martin: Lightroom is able to correct a whole boatload of files with one click. You correct one file. Then COPY its values. Then SYNC or PASTE the values to as many files as you ctrl-selected. Say all your studio shots have a blue cast (like mine often do). You can take minimize the cast for an entire shoot with a few clicks.