What kind of referals do you give

elaine marie

I have a bride that is wanting to talk to a few past brides for referals. I have

never been asked this before and was wondering how other photogs deal with this.

Do you have certain brides that have agreeded to be used as referals if

contacted?I kind of feel bad bothering them for this. I have written testimonies

and referals but have never been asked for live chats.

Thanks,

Elaine

I find that asking brides if I can use them as a referral source works great... never been turned down. I will sometimes ask the Mother of the Bride or the Father of the Bride to be a referral source as well.

Once the list is developed and information placed on a document it's simply a couple of clicks to merely send the list to the inquiring mind via email.

Easy.

After a wedding, I usually send out a survey where the couple gets to provide feedback on my services rendered. One of the questions is if I can use them as a reference. If so, these are the names I pass out to potential clients. I also show my potential customers these surveys and that tends to put them at ease.

I would obtain an evening telephone number from the prospect and ring two of my latest clients and politely ask if they could give this client-to-be a phone call in the evening.

I don`t like email all that much, for this type of matter.

It hasn`t happened much, but it is a legitimate question.

I would follow up with the two clients who made the effort and give them a gift, no matter what was said or if I got the new job or not.

WW