Lightroom save 100% crop

i'm not asking my question properly.

when you view an image after import, and then click on it to view it at 1:1 and reposition the image with the hand tool so that the subject is viewable, how can I save THAT image. If I cant, how would I crop 1:1 into the image at the same magnification? I know how to crop but how do I crop a single specified part of the image at 1:1.

I know it may sound stupid, well, lets be clear, it may be a stupid question, but I still dont know how to do it. . .

tony,

<br><br>

- make a virtual copy. <br>

- Set the crop rectangle to be what you want. <br>

- Export that, leave the constrain checkbox in Export unchecked

<br><br>

That will be exactly the pixels that you selected with the crop. I suggested making a

virtual copy so you can flip back and forth between the crop and the full image easily.

<br><br>

Godfrey

There are two completely different concepts being combined in what I think is behind the question:

1. Which pixels are in the image, and which are out. The crop tool determines this. It doesn't matter at what zoom the image is cropped.

2. How the image is being viewed (thumbnails, medium, full screen, 1:1, etc.).

Give an image that has been cropped (that is, one that includes the pixels it includes, and doesn't include the ones it doesn't), it can then be viewed, by numerous different programs, and many different sizes, one of which is 1:1.

If, however, you are asking why you can't use the crop tool when you are showing a 1:1 image, the answer is simply that LR doesn't work that way. It could, but it doesn't. (Photographically, it's hard to determine the best crop when you aren't seeing the whole image, which, for all but very low resolution cameras, is true at 1:1.)

Tony,

Any export made with the "constrain" checkbox unchecked is a 1:1 export, from source

pixels to destination pixels. The crop you perform simply says how many pixels in

horizontal and vertical to export.

When you display the exported image in something other than Lightroom, tell that

application to show it at 100% to see a "1:1 CROP" image.

Godfrey

"...how do I crop a 1:1 magnification..."

You don't. The crop tool is only available when the entire original frame is shown in the

Lightroom window. Of course, if the original frame is small enough, so that it fits into the

editing window at 1:1, then you can.

Why do you need to do this? Perhaps if you explained your reasoning, we might be able to

suggest something that will work for you.