Blad 500 - 503 vs H1, H2

alan_higgins

Hi there

Just curious, I'm constantly on e bay UK at the moment looking for items to add

to my 500cm and it is very noticable that the blad V series sell very well

indeed - infact, it is very rare that one does not sell. However, I cannot say

that I have ever seen an H1 or 2 ever been sold. Is there any reason for

this? For example is there issues with the H system or is it just that people

prefer the older one. As I said, just curious.

Alan

How long has the V series been manufactured and how many pieces have been made? About 50 years. Many, many cameras, lenses and accessories, too many to count. And many of them have been in use for 10-20 years and are now on the market. The H system came to market some 5 years ago so arguably most of them are still in use by their original owners. Also, there are far fewer of them around. Manufacturing of both products has now been stopped. There are many more spares available for V series, both from existing stock of spares and from scavenging of old bodies. I would also assume a mechanical body to be much easier to repair than a fully electronic one. I believe V system will have a long life ahead of it and will remain easier to get and keep in use than the H1 or H2.

Alan, as a film camera the V series is a better deal right now second hand. Much better. The

H series are 645 cameras and overpriced second hand for what they are (if you look at the

few with a BIN on eBay today). Coupled to the fact that the V series looks to be a much more

robust and durable system - without forgetting those wonderfull lenses.