No Words... People known around the world that I have photographed with a PENTAX camera

david richhart

Nothing creepy about it. I have a part time job traveling the country selling campaign buttons, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc. One of the benefits is the opportunity to see, and occasionally meet, some of the candidates, and other VIPs. Since I am usually busy I rarely have time for anything more than a quick grab-shot. <p>

The Obama photograph was done in Iowa at a Democratic party fundraiser, as was the second photograph. Obama, Hillary, John Edwards, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, and Iowa senator Tom Harken are all in the second picture. <p>

I was standing at the back of the room with the permission of a secret service officer when I photographed Bill Clinton. The officer was very kind to allow me in for a few minutes, and I was not permitted to use flash or a tripod. Hand held 200mm lenses on a *istD do not allow for the sharpest photographs. <p>

Most media photographers use the big brand named equipment (I hate to use the "N" word and the "C" word). I thought this post would be an opportunity for other Pentaxians to share their photographs of the famous. Actors, musicians, authors, etc would have fit in nicely. Apparently I was wrong. <p>

BTW Justin... maybe with a new administration we can reinstate the Constitution of the United States and do away with the "WATCH LISTS".

Dave, I would like to use my Pentax at concerts, but artists are too important to have their photos taken by mere mortals. Because we might put them on the internet, on a thread like this...and what would happen to their album sales then!?!?!?

So that's why I have no photos to contribute.