Pentacon 2.8/135 Auto - aparture blades reassemble

pancolart

Dear Folks!

I've got greasy Pentacon 2.8/135 Auto. I totally dismantled it and cleaned it.

I don't know how to reassemble aparture blades.

I know that somewhere this was already answered. Please let me know the link i

really can't find it. This is Auto version of the lens - it has only 6 blades.

Any other link to this lens repair will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Jure

The pin on the blades at the corner of the concave curve goes in the ring on the right. The other pin goes in the slots on the ring on the left. The last blade has to be tucked under the first one. You may need to experiment to see which direction they stack in.

Also, if the blades aren't absolutely identical, or the holes aren't perfectly evenly spaced, you may need to fiddle with the order you put the blades in to get a circular aperture opening. Some of my Topcor lenses presently have somewhat out-of-round apertures for this reason.

You also should sort out how the two rings are attached to the rest of the lens before you start to try and populate them with blades.

This can be very frustrating work. Easy to spill it all.

As Lauren noted, a digicam or sketch book is your friend.

Thank you John and Lauren. I have left all parts on the table under plastic blanket to prevent dust. After 5 days my nerves calmed down. What seemed to be sure trashaway situation miraculously got solution (strange english sorry). But i managed to put the darn thing together having it 100% apart. Even more (and i am really proud of that) - i changed the original spring that was week with home made replacement. Now the lens works and it's clean (demo photo).

My next big project - huh - 2x Zeiss Sonnar 3.5/135 looking fantastic but one with faulty focusing other no aparture movement. I still have to gather my brave;).<div>00OcIE-42018484.jpg.ab0f6684fb0779e2a44bdacc4e9b2694.jpg</div>