lunar eclipse, anyone?

xpiotiavos

Anyone setting out to photograph the eclipse tonight? If so, what kind of gear

are you using?

And does anyone want to loan me a telescope with an attachment for my ist DL? ;)

otherwise i'm stuck with doing what I can with my sigma 70-300mm. it's the

longest lens i've got :(

Yeah, I've been studying the Mr. Eclipse site since Christmas with tonight in mind, and solid

cloud cover just rolled in 30 minutes ago...

I was going to use the intervalometer on one camera with the 16-50mm and do a multiple

exposure. The other camera was going to get the 500mm w/ 2x TC...

I'm typing with my nose, because my hands are frozen. I have one tip for you guys: Don't use a 2x TC with a cheap lens!!! :-D

I think I have some decent(ish) shots with the Sigma at 300mm. We'll see...

Oh, we had intermittent clouds that gave way to a nice, thin haze. Ruined a lot of shots.

Here's <a href="http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/181051-post13.html">one guy</a> with a good shot. Sigma will be selling lots of these in Pentax mount tomorrow.<br>

<br>

By the way, my fingers have unfrozen now (a can type with them). I just want to thank everyone that e-mailed me with concern about my fingers. Your hearts are bigger than your lenses.

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea! I was able to get out before it ended at least. Clear here in Wisconsin, but -11 degrees = cold fingers. Here's the best I could do with my 80-200mm M zoomed out and a 2x TC - no tripod, bracing on my car.<div>00OVOA-41845884.jpg.8115b306d70b952e3cdc90a1b1bbfc72.jpg</div>