Nikon D300 Issues

a.j._olmscheid

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I had the D300 in my hand-carry luggage all the time, and it worked fine also after I came back

to Norway.

Saturday I did some videorecording on a rock-concert. The D300 was in a bag close to one of the subwoofers. My

videocamera was in the same bag. That camera worked fine both during the concert and afterwards. I did not use the D300

during the concert, but when I tried to turn it on afterwards, it did not work.

Why is it important to check the contacts around the lens mount area? In New York I checked the camera before I put on the

lens. The display worked just fine...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I just had this problem and it happened when they were doing the toast... make the long story short, I was sweating bullets since I know I charged the batteries the night before and all three batteries seems to be not working. Took the battery out of the backup camera a d200 and it was still the same... put it back on the d200 the battery was full. I know the d300 is the issue so turned it off and on and it was still the same no battery... Turned it on and off again and it was working... I had the Nikon 17-55 on. So after research I found out that this issue is common especially to people with 70-200. A lot of people suggest cleaning the contacts, upgrade the firmware and did all that to make sure something like that won't happen again... but the thing is before I did all that I can't replicate the dead battery syndrome...

Though when I cleaned the lens mount there was some sort of residue it could be that months ago I brought the camera near the beach...