scanning b&w negatives

Hello-- I have begun scanning in some of my older B&W images using a

PrimeFilm3600u (CyberViewX) film scanner. I have scanned both images that I have

previously printed, as well as some that I haven't. Some of the negs. that are a bit dense

have a light area on the bottom portion of landscape and the right hand side of portrait

images. I am scanning at 3600dpi and importing into Photoshop. Any suggestions ?<div>00OOVy-41689084.thumb.jpg.a39d7d4e64dbeeb9380e024988c871e2.jpg</div>

Same with me. There are a few scratches and dust spots that need to be cloned away but the lightness on the bottom left corner looks like natural sunshine. Most scanned images need a little adjustment with Curves etc and a bit of Unsharp Mask but if they are all like this sample I wouldn't worry. What size and resolution images are you ending up with?

Me too, insofar as density is concerned,

but it looks like you are using some kind of dust remover software. I notice digital artifacts that usually accompany the use of such programs. Try scanning with such software turned off, if you are using it, and I think you'll see improvement (though I am not acquainted with the scanner you are using). Hand spotting, especially if you clean the negatives carefully before scanning will produce superior results to any automatic program I've seen to date.