I'm sorta bummed out...

cmitchell

Here in Fort Wayne IN it is partly cloudy with a temp of 17F as I type. I will try to see it but by mid eclipse it will probably be closer to 12 degrees or so not counting wind chill factor and I don't plan on trying to photograph it. Besides the cold I would have to go to a better location to get a good shot and I guess my age is catching up with me, I don't feel like putting out the effort tonight.

I went outside at 7:45 pm and waited half an hour. Nothing. Figured I had the wrong night. Twenty minutes later my bud calls me to ask if I'm photographing the eclipse. I rush outside, get set up again, wait for a break in the cloud cover.

At the peak of the eclipse, several gunshots ring out two blocks away - so close it literally lights up the sky. Police cars, fire trucks, ambulances all respond.

Meanwhile, for reasons only Art Bell might be privy to, jet fighters and a bomber are cruising around overhead (I live near the joint reserve air base in Fort Worth).

Soon three helicopters show up and circle the neighborhood, one with a searchlight; another appears to have FLIR.

Just another night in the 'hood.

Oh, yeh, there was a break in the clouds.<div>00OVSa-41848384.jpg.cfc7efc3fe9f03445797f52b663d5259.jpg</div>

Absolutely freeeeeeezing here on the Niagara Escarpment, just west of Toronto. Was out from 8 to midnight, only processed a couple of shots so far, here's one shot with 40D, Tamron 200-500 at 500. Just got CS# and don't know how I got the frames around it or how to make the frame a colour other than white.<div>00OVkz-41858484.jpg.0491236bc16bafa02b955a26fe27d1f5.jpg</div>