right angle finder

mwtphoto

i would like to get a right angle finder for my canon rebel xt and for my

contax slr's. the same one should fit as the eyepiece on both is 18mm. My

question is ...can anyone recommend any of the less expensive finders over the

canon c or b finders? A canon c finder is $200 while ebay lists many finders

for under a $100. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I have the Canon Angle Finder C, it's high quality and it works well. I've also got two or three others in different camera systems.

There are many available and most do the same basic things. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that many of them are actually made by one company, and relabeled with various other brand names. They look awfully similar.

Just looking at it, though, I doubt that's the case with the Canon. It's made by Canon and different from many of the others. There are some little "extras" might make one worth more than the others, if they are of interest to you.

The Canon C has two magnification levels, rotates very smoothly a full 360 degrees, with detents every 45 degrees along the way, has a built-in diopter adjustment and a rubber eye cup that can be folded backward for storage. It uses adapters that are supplied with it to fit onto most recent EOS.

I have the HoodMan H-Rav with my Canon 5D. It, too, has the 1x and 2.5x viewing power choice, etc. Macro to long telephoto work.

It's a piece of junk, poorly made and designed. Worse, it's one of those "universal-fit" items that comes with several adapters, one of which fits the Canon. Fit is loose and wobbly. Optics nothing to rave about. Advertising hype doesn't match performance; product cost isn't cheap in relative terms. Try/buy something else.

• 1 month later...
ok I don't think the contax and the canon are the same size. I just got a Contax Right angle finder and it is a tad too small to fit the canon. does anyone know where i can find the specs on viewfinders for various cameras?