How do I open a Kodak Pony 135?

Sorry, it hadn't occurred to me that you might be serious. This is a manual film camera. You have to cock the shutter first. It is pre-digital (B.D.)

You can find a manual for the Kodak Pony 828 camera at Butkus' site

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/kodak.htm

He doesn't seem to have the Pony 135 available yet, but it should be the same except for the film loading (828 was a 35mm roll film).<div>00OSjN-41793284.jpg.5d25b4ed3dbbcd21be83f9422371d906.jpg</div>

The Pony IV was the first 'real' camera I owned. By 'real' I mean being able to have some control over focus, aperture, and shutter. I remember it came with little plastic tags you attached behind the camera...different tags for different film. They have 'guide numbers' which was the sum of the 2 digits on the shutter and aperture and based on lighting conditions. The nice thing was I eventually found that the bottom of the lens had actual f-stop numbers and shutter speeds. The flash unit that came with it (either Press 25 or M-2 bulbs) also had a sliding scale for different films and distances. A great way to learn the basics of photography....and by using mostly Kodachrome 135, your mistakes could be evaluated and hopefully corrected.