EOS 3 (1n/1v?) Winder Cap - Need Replacement

lilserenity

Hello,

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement winder cap (the one you take

off to attach a power booster such as the PB-E2) could be found? I've tried

looking via Google to no avail and I'm not holding out much hope I'll ever find one.

It appears at some point on my 7 mile walk on the South Downs today this cap has

somehow come off and now I have a gaping hole at the bottom of the EOS 3. This

is irking me somewhat.

One solution is to get a PB-E2 to 'cover' the 'hole' but that's an expensive and

heavy solution!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Vicky

Vicky,

Somebody else was looking for this cap recently, I think. I cannot find the thread to see if that person managed to find one.

The only advice I can offer would be to *try* Canon. Their repairs people might be able to sell you the part.

I assume you are talking about the little circular cap that covers the winder clutch (NOT the "plain" grip, which is the GR-E1 for the -3, GR-E2 for the -1V, although they are interchangeable - that was the subject of the earlier thread). As the former owner of both a -3 and a -1V, I remember these caps. They are not the same for the two cameras (don't know about the -1N) so make sure that if you order by part number, it is indeed the -3 part than you order - I don't think they are interchangeable, since I remember the -3 cap as being plastic and fitting by a half-turn, whereas the -1V cap is metal and threaded. Hope that's correct - it is a while ago now!

Hello everybody,

Many many thanks for your help and advice. I shall contact a Canon Authorised repair centre with this part number and failing that contact Canon themselves. Thanks for also informing that the 1v part wouldn't fit. I should have known that the 1v wouldn't have had the same plastic cap!

I have no idea how it came loose, I just noticed it about five miles into my walk when I actually needed my tripod, I went to fix the release mechanism to the bottom of the camera and it was gone. I was miffed to say the least!

I'll let you know how I get on. I'm in the UK so this may have some bearing on the outcome!

Once again a huge thank you, I'm truly indebted!

Vicky

Ok as promised I would feedback if I found a supplier. Thankfully my usual place for these, H Lehmanns in Stoke-on-Trent, England have them. They are a Canon Authorised Repair Centre. They do everything including spares and repairs.

There website is here: http://www.lehmannsdirect.co.uk/

And you can call them on the telephone on: 01782 413 611

I was able to just ask for the Canon EOS 3 winder clutch/coupler cover, they sell them in pairs (handy!) and including delivery it's ?7.50.

Not cheap for what are two plastic discs but cheaper than finding a PB-E2 to 'cover' the hole or moisture getting in and screwing the camera, which could of course be very costly.

Delivery is 1-2 days and they take all major credit and debit cards over the phone.

They're very good as I used them in the past for an EOS 5 control dial fix which they did for ?40 including pick up and return of the camera. (Quite a good price you'll agree.)

Hope this helps others and thank you everyone for your help,

Vicky