Vivitar 28-90 photos

mark_stephan2

Remember the days of the drive-in movie theater? The one I used to go to 25

years ago shut down in the late 90's. I still like going there, I work in a

nursing home and I sometimes take a resident or two suffering from alheimer's

to let them reminisce, they can tell you some great stories, it revives

memories from the past and brightens their faces.<div>00OKci-41580184.jpg.30cdc09674412a2bd9bca146fb6e0282.jpg</div>

Mark, I have never owned or used this particular lens so I can't speak from personal experience. However, owners have reported that this lens exhibits vignetting at 28mm. Zooms that cover wide-angle focal lengths often exhibit some vignetting at their short end. As a compromise, the designers trade size and weight for a little light falloff. If you haven't already, try testing the lens for vignetting with and without the lens hood.

I use this lens a lot. I never use a hood on it, rather I just hold my ball cap on the 'up light' side of the lens.

I find the lens to be not as sharp as a good FD Prime but sometimes I think it is a mistake to shoot for total sharpness. Some Landscapes and peple shots lend themselves to some degree of 'softness'...very suble but soft.

I find the lens to be rich on color, maybe ricer than some primes and the the contrast is moderate. I shoot it alot.

Thanks everyone for your responses, I've got a lot to learn about the lens but so far I like it and the results it produces. I'll have to use some slide film with it on my next outing. I'm also going to try it without the hood and do as suggested and shade it with a hat and see if that helps with the vignetting. The vignetting is visible at the 28 end of the lens but lessons as you open up the lens which I guess is one of the trade offs for the fl range and speed.