Family gets $550,000 verdict for harassment by photographer

conraderb

It's so strange and pathetic it is sad...here's how NOT to treat clients...

<BR><BR>

WHEELING -- An Ohio County jury ruled that a Charleston wedding photographer

stalked and harassed a Parkersburg couple for a year and half after their wedding.

<BR><BR>

<b><a href="http://www.wvrecord.com/news/204911-family-gets-550000-verdict-for-harassment-by-photographer">Link Here</a></b>

Check out his website - I have never seen so many different businesses marketed on the same website: photography, video, architects, facility rental, claims investigations, slide storage, and office space.

<p>

<a href=http://www.abodia.com/index.htm>Elden Photo and Video Extraordinaire and Elden Associates</a>

<p>Remarkable.</p>

<p>Gotta love his website, although I'm surprised he was ever hired in the first place.

His photography is dire (looks like it would have been out of fashion even in the 70's)

and the design of his website is an interesting insight into his personality and aesthetic

sensibilities.</p>

<p>But what sums it up for me is the attorney's soundbite: "The jury's verdict

makes it clear that it is not acceptable to treat people this way in West

Virginia."</p>

<p>(But guess that means you can treat clients like that anywhere else :-) )</p>

"But to make him pay over half a million for that is way over the top too." I don't think it's too much but I think the couple will have a hard time collecting the money. Probably be a judgement filed that may never be paid until the loser sells his house or other assets.

Wonder if this family know about his website because that would have been a major clue about his mental health.(Conspiracy anybody?) Any person that would hire such a professional, needs to have their own head examined as well. In addition to this $550.000 verdict I would have also forced the photographer to take some Thorazine!

Herma

"Mike, "$550,000 is a ridiculous amount of money. Only (hopefully) in the USA would this be awarded." Were you on the jury and thusly clued in to all the facts of the case?"

Exactly. Also its not like their walking away with 1/2 mil. There's court and attorney fees as well. Not too mention, the jury awarded them punitive damages. If memory servers me correct, this payment is usually three fold. So it was originally most likely around 150,000 to 185,000.

Plus, the guy harassed them with 18 to 20 mailings. "increasingly threatening and disturbing in nature." On holidays and after a family member's death! Awful!