Where to find a Bronica ETR battery door?

ronin1

The battery door does not appear totally necessary on this camera. I bought my ETR at Kenmore in Seattle, they had a box of stuff and there may have been a battery door in it. You might shoot them an email. The handgrip covers this hole, that may do it for you. Or good old "duck" tape. LOL

Thanks, that's good to know. I do have a handgrip and was thinking that the door probably wasn't necessary if I used tape to keep stray crap out and hold the battery in. I was waiting to pick up the batteries for it so I could test out that theory. You never know anymore, like how cars have to have the gas cap on for the emissions control stuff to work or the engine warning lights go on.

I might sell on the extra body eventually after I have a chance to have my repair guy check the equipment out so it would be nice to have all the bits and pieces.

An ETR body without anything on it is worth about 25 bucks on ebay at the present time. I just bought a nice ETRS for 40. My suggetion would be to get a non-metering prism (30 bucks) for it and use it as a spare, for flash only or whatever. Not much demand for the ETR any more. The battery cost me half what the camera cost! LOL. Whoever thought it would come to this.

Yeah, I got a really obscene deal on the ETRs with a heavy duty Bogen tripod and a monopod with a Stroboframe ball head and lots of other stuff too embarrassing to mention. If people want to give this stuff away, I'm more than happy to give them a loving home where they will be fed regularly with fresh film and taken for long walks. I could probably just get another ETR body with a battery door for cheaper than I could buy just a battery door.

If the extra ETR doesn't need work, I might pass it along to one of the other students in the darkroom class I'm taking this semester. The school medium format stuff is pretty abused and there's often a waiting list. If one of the bodies is sick, I'll probably keep it around for parts.

At least I don't have to worry about whether the next ETR out will have more megapixels!

I bought a very nice ETRS body last year for only $25. You can get a battery door fro KOH's or from Tamron. Tamron might not have one on hand but they can order one for you. You can't just leave out the battery and use a separate meter. The battery in an ETR or ETRS has does not power a light meter. It regulates the shutter speed in each lens. The default shutter speed with no battery is 1/500. To get any slower speed you need a battery.