Any adapters similar to the Pentax Hotshoe Adapter FG?

andrew_ng7

Basically, I am looking for an adapter like the FG but with a hotshoe adapter on

the top instead of the F5P plug.

I want to use the popup flash and still be able to mount a radio trigger for off

camera flashes. Pretty much using the popup as a fill flash.

If need be, I'm going to just get the FG and hack it up and glue on a hotshoe.

Well instead of hacking up the connector, you could add the other 2 parts (cable F5P and Hot Shoe Adapter F) I realize these are more money but they will get the job done. You could add an inexpensive side grip to handle the cable and shot.

I've looked for the same type of thing and can't find a small enough version to fit that has the right pins.

I agree to a point Matthew but wouldn't trade that for the top LCD.

Well, the idea of using the radio trigger is to eliminate cables and wires. For an off camera flash using the FG, F5P and F adapters/cable is a bit of a nuisance to try and be mobile.

If I need to use a flash with a side grip, I'll just use my Metz 45 CT-4 as it has a fill flash.

What I really miss is the PC sync/X ports I had on my LX in addition to the hot shoe.

Pete,

The PZ-1P has a top LCD. It's over the RTF on the camera. Still plenty big and offers tons of data.

They could put it on the side and keep all the LCD and buttons pretty much the same. The only thing I'd say is the LCD on the very top makes it more prone to breakage in rough use since the prism housing/RTF often takes the brunt of knocks. It's why to some degree the higher end pro bodies lack an RTF, it's a point of weakness.

I can live without P-TTL as none of my flashes are capable.

In terms of exposure, I'll adjust settings just like back in the day. If I had a couple of the new Pentax flashes, that's be a different story.

Hacking the FG would just be to get a signal through to the radio trigger. There would be no effort put into maintaining P-TTL. 2 contacts are all I would need.

From what I recall, the wein safe sync is too big for the pop up flash to be usable. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Andrew Ng: The pop-up flash is P-TTL--it doesn't feature manual control, only flash comp. My point is that the pop-up flash's output will be determined from the pre-flash that will not include the illumination provided by the non-P-TTL off-camera flashes in its exposure calculations.

Ok Andrew Gilchrist, I understand what you are trying to tell me now. Thank you.

Now for the people who keep saying, "get a wein safe sync.".

Does it still allow P-TTL? From the images online, it looks like there is just the standard contacts and none of the extra ones for a flash to communicate with it.

If I get to doing some shoots this summer, I will look into upgrading my 45CT4 to the Metz 45CL4 digital w/ the SCA 3702 Pentax module.